In accordance with the physical requirements defined by the US Department of Transportation.
- 1. You must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye. Glasses or contact lenses are acceptable to correct a driver's vision.
- 2. You cannot be a diabetic on needle injected insulin; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Your blood pressure must meet the following criteria:
- 140-159/90-99 for 1 year certificate
- 160-179/100-109 for a 3 month temporary certificate
- Greater than 180/110 is disqualifying
- * Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.